Straighten Your Hair – Natural Way
Having straight, glossy hair is what most women want, mainly because this hairstyle is always trendy. It also looks good on almost every face shape and you can style it however you want. Not everyone is blessed with straight hair though, which is why they turn to chemical treatments to remove the unruly curls and waves.
You can step into a beauty salon to have your hair fixed, but you can also do the following techniques to avoid harsh chemicals and their side effects:
Regularly treating your hair with hot oil is one of the best ways to keep your hair smooth, tangle-free, and straight. It also hydrates your hair, which can lead to a more relaxed hair. You can choose from sesame, almond, olive, and coconut oil. Here are the steps on how to use this technique:
1. Heat the oil for about 20 seconds.
2. Let it sit for a few seconds to a minute until the heat is tolerable.
3. Put the warm oil to your hair and gently massage for at least 15 minutes.
4. Use a comb to distribute the oil and to avoid breakage as you wash your hair.
5. Don’t rinse yet. Cover your hair with towel for at least 30 minutes. It’s preferred to use a hot, wet towel for this step.
6. Now, wash your hair and apply a mild shampoo.
7. Finally, rinse your hair to remove the oil.
Coconut Milk and Lemon
For years, it has been believed that coconut milk can straighten hair because of its moisturizing ability. Do the following to gain the hair-straightening benefits from this antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral liquid:
1. Mix a cup of coconut milk with juice from one lemon.
2. Place it in the refrigerator for at least two hours or until you see the creamy layer on top of the mixture.
3. Apply the coconut milk and lemon to your hair and leave it there for about 20 minutes.
4. You can also cover your head with a swimming or shower cap and leave it like this for half an hour.
5. Finally, shampoo and condition your hair to get rid of the mixture.
Whether you choose the first or the second method, you should comb your hair using a wide-toothed comb afterward. Don’t blow dry your hair. It is always recommended to let it air dry, so as not to damage your hair.